Dental Implants Delray Beach FL - West Delray Smiles
At West Delray Smiles, we know that dental implants in Delray Beach, FL are a popular way to replace one or more missing teeth. Made of titanium, implants are placed in the jawbone, where they act as artificial tooth roots. Over time, the bone fuses with the implant, providing a strong and stable foundation for a replacement tooth.
What’s Involved With The Dental Implant Process?
The first step is to have a consultation with our dentist to see if you are a good candidate for this restorative procedure. If you’re deemed to be a good candidate, the next step is to plan a date to have the implant placed in your jawbone. Once in place, the implant will need time to heal and become integrated with your bone. This integration process usually takes several months and is essential for long-term success.
After the healing process is complete, a dental crown or bridge can be placed on top of the implant, which will restore both the look and function of your natural tooth.
How Should Dental Implants Be Cared For?
Caring for dental implants is essential to ensure their long-term success. Here’s how to maintain your dental implants effectively:
- Oral Hygiene: Brush your dental implants and natural teeth at least twice daily using a soft-bristle toothbrush. Use a non-abrasive toothpaste to avoid scratching the implant’s surface.
- Floss Regularly: Clean between your dental implants and natural teeth with dental floss or interdental brushes to remove plaque and food particles.
- Antimicrobial Mouthwash: Rinse with an antimicrobial mouthwash to reduce bacterial growth.
- Regular Check-ups: Visit your dentist for routine check-ups and professional cleanings to detect and address any issues early.
- Dietary Choices: Avoid hard or sticky foods that could damage the dental implants or surrounding tissues.
- Quit Smoking: If you smoke, consider quitting, as smoking can hinder implant healing.
- Nightguard: If you grind your teeth, wearing a nightguard can prevent excess pressure on the dental implants.
By following these guidelines and seeking professional dental care, you can ensure the health and longevity of your dental implants at Delray Beach, FL.
Is Anyone A Candidate For Dental Implants?
Not necessarily. Factors such as the amount of available jawbone, the health of your gums, and even lifestyle factors can affect whether or not you are considered to be a suitable candidate.
If you are missing one or more teeth and would like to learn more about dental implants in Delray Beach, FL, contact West Delray Smiles today. We would be happy to answer any questions you have and help you determine if this restorative option is right for you!
Contact West Delray Smiles About Dental Implants Today
- Replace one or more missing teeth
- Prevent jawbone loss
- Avoid shifting in nearby teeth
- Prevent changes to your face’s shape
- Regain your smile confidence!